Mass populate documents from spreadsheet data

Hey all!
Is there a way to upload a spreadsheet data set and mass-populate documents-- I have about 40 of the same document that needs to get sent out, and I have a spreadsheet of all of the information that needs to go into the variables.

Hey AFrazier,

Yes, you can save your Spreadsheet as a CSV file, then upload it to your Data Management.

Then you can populate templates in 4 ways:
1) One template for one client
2) One template for multiple clients
3) Multiple templates for one client
4) Multiple templates for multiple clients

Here are the steps to upload the data.

You just want to make sure that the first cell is named “email” and the first column includes the email addresses, as the Data Management groups everything by email addresses, and the field names in the CSV file match the template field names.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Best,
Eszter

Can you do the same to variables? Since we can download variables as CSV files, can we upload them as well to reuse in other documents? The reason I ask is because I think it might be easier for me to make variables in excel and then just upload them, since I can see the language used to create them in the CSV of my variables that I downloaded.

Hi CoastToCoast,

Yes, you can definitely do it this way.

However, I would recommend checking our Questionnaire feature out! Questionnaires can be used internally for data entry. When a questionnaire is submitted, the questionnaire responses automatically go to the Data Management, so you can skip a step!

You can easily turn a template into a questionnaire, as it will fetch all the fields. Here are the steps to set up your internal questionnaire, if you want to use the data later.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Eszter